We at The Big Apple Tap Festival believe that the next generation of tap dancers will be the ones to carry on the tradition and keep it alive. It is in our mission to provide scholarships for young and aspiring tappers, and grant them the opportunity to be exposed to the genius of the Tap Masters.
The Big Apple Tap Festival is already offering two full festival scholarships and three one day scholarships.
If you are interested in becoming a personal sponsor to a tap dancer in need, join our 'Sponsor A Tap Dancer' program and provide additional dancers with either the tuition for a day of classes ($195), two days ($360), or the tuition for the entire festival ($525).
You can write us a check payable to The Big Apple Tap Festival. Any amount can help provide more scholarships to our programs.
All donations made to the 'Sponsor A Tap Dancer' program will be divided between the scholarship recipients. Paying tuition to a specific individual will not be considered a donation.
In return for your kind donation, we will:
- post your name / business on the The Big Apple Tap Festival website.
- provide you with two complimentary tickets to the Participants Showcase (donation of $360 and up).
- acknowledge you / your business in the showcase playbill.
- thank you letters from dancers that were benefited from your generous donation will be posted on the website at the Scholarship Program section.
- this donation is not tax deductible as The Big Apple Tap Festival is not a 501(c)(3) Incorporation. However, 100% of donations recieved goes to the scholarship recipients.