The Big Apple Tap Festival,
an intensive weekend of exciting events, included:
Memorial Master Class:
In Loving Memory of Prof. Robert L. Reed II (April 28, 1957 - July 18, 2015).
- Logan Miller assisted by Kendall Owens, taught a segment of Prof. Reed's signature choreography, Black Orpheus. Both Logan and Kendall are Prof. Reed's protégés and dedicated this class to the memory of their Tap Mentor.
Tap Master Classes:
Chloe Arnold, Maud Arnold, Ofer Ben, Debbi Dee,
Rusty Frank, Ray Hesselink, Nicole Hockenberry,
Germaine Ingram, Anthony LoCascio, Avi Miller,
Jimmy Tate & Dianne 'Lady Di' Walker
- Fifteen leading tap artists taught inspiring Tap Master Classes, each in his/her own unique style and charisma.
Tap History Talks:
- Rusty Frank conducted the 'Tap History Talks' session which featured insights about Prof. Robert L. Reed and his contribution to the art of Tap Dancing. Stories, memories, and good times were shared by his friends, students, and colleagues.
- Avi Miller presented video clips featuring the work of the late Prof. Robert L. Reed. The presentation included footage of Reed himself as well as choreographies placed on his students and companies. Avi also highligted other tap clips that influenced Reed's professional life.
Mark Albrecht, Denise Caston, April Cook,
Megan Maltos, Hillary-Marie Michael & Claudia Rahardjanoto
- Warm-up sessions for each day with six leading tap practitioners who taught the afternoon / morning tap drills - each with his/her own unique style and technique.
Avi Miller & Ofer Ben
- A wonderful event concluded the second day of classes in the exciting Big Apple Tap Festival. Avi Miller and Ofer Ben emceed an informal Participants Showcase at The Schomburg Center Theater.